A Thanksgiving Day treat…
What are the ingredients needed to prepare pumpkin pie recipe?
1 Homemade unbaked pie crust
Dried kidney beans, for blind baking
Filling (Ingredients for pumpkin pie recipe preparation)
- 1 can organic pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup organic light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh organic orange zest
- 3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Vanilla Whipped Cream (recipe below)
Ingredients for Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone or crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to prepare pumpkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the unbaked pie crust on a pie pan and then place that on a sheet pan.
- Place the parchment paper on the pie crust.
- Place the beans on the pie crust and bake it for about 15 minutes (the edges start to brown).
- Then, remove the beans, prick the crust with a fork all over all and bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to about 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, powdered cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, orange zest, eggs, and cream.
- Pour the whisked filling into the baked pie shell.
- Bake it for about 55 to 65 minutes (the filling should start setting and the knife needs to come out clean).
- Cool it completely and serve with delicious vanilla whipped cream (recipe below).
How to make vanilla whipped cream:
- In an electric mixer, whisk the cream, sugar, mascarpone and vanilla.
- There should be soft peaks forming when scooped with a spatula.
Adapted from Ina Garten.