How to Make Christmas Cookies
We love baking these heavenly Christmas butter cookies for a perfect start to the holiday season. We love using organic eggs, delicious butter and divine vanilla for this recipe.
What are the ingredients needed to make Christmas cookies?
1 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 large Organic egg
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
3 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
Find out more about Eggs in our Guide to Eggs
How to make Christmas cookies?
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a mixer, add in the butter and sugar. Beat them until they are well blended with speed in low setting.
- Once they are thoroughly mixed, increase the mixer speed to high and beat them until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Now, decrease the mixer speed to low and add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat them until they are well incorporated.
- Next, add in the baking powder and flour. Continue beating it in the mixer until it forms a cookie dough like consistency.
- Remove the cookie mixture onto your kitchen table which is well floured. Divide it into four equal pieces.
- Cool the mixture in the refrigerator for a minimum of an hour or until the dough is firm.
- When the dough is chilled, remove each piece of the dough and roll them into 1/8-inch-thick with a rolling pin (make sure the surface is floured along with the rolling pin).
- Using cookie cutters of the shape you like, cut out the dough into as many pieces as you can. Refrigerate the rest in saran wrap.
- Place the cookie pieces on a baking tray 1 inch apart. Sprinkle some sugar on them if you like.
- Bake them for 10 – 15 minutes (depending on the size of your oven) or until lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool them on a cookie wire rack.
- These heavenly buttery cookies are delicious as they are, but you can even add frosting or sprinkles as you like.
- Serve with a glass of milk!